These are really easy and quick to make and much healthier compared to fries. If you skip the salt, they are perfect for little ones as they are easy to grab and soft on the inside.
I add a teaspoon of paprika, a teaspoon of mixed dry herbs, pepper and then I drizzle with a bit of olive oil. My mix of dry herbs has thyme, parsley, oregano and basil but you can use only oregano if you don’t have the others. If I’m not sharing the wedges with my little one, I add a bit of salt as well. Otherwise, you can add some salt after taking them out of the oven on your serving only.
How to secrets
I like to leave the skin on the potatoes as it adds to the flavour. Just make sure that you wash them well and remove any dirt or soil. As for the shape, I simply cut the potato in half lengthwise and then each half into four pieces. After cutting them into wedges, I put them in a bowl and cover them with cold water and add a bit of salt. Leave them to soak for around 10 minutes, then drain the water and pat dry. Soaking helps to remove some of the starch of the potato and will make them more crispy.
Place the wedges on a tray lined with some baking sheet with one of the flat sides down (you want the skin side to become crispy).
You can have these as a side with your main or even on their own with some sauce at the side. These are also great for little ones as they are the perfect size for their little fingers.
Subscribe to my channel by clicking here »
Baked Potato WedgesEasy to make and very aromatic! These homemade wedges are great as a side dish with your main or as a snack for your little ones.
- 3 potatoes
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pepper *
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F
- Leave the skin on the potatoes and wash them well to remove any soil and dirt.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and then into four.
- Put them in a bowl and cover with water. Add a little bit of salt and leave them for 10 minutes.
- Wash & drain the wedges and pat dry.
- Add the paprika, herbs, pepper and oil. Toss to get them really well coated.
- Place the wedges on a tray lined with a baking sheet with one of the flat sides down.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until soft inside and golden brown outside.
* Salt daily intake has a very low limit for young children. If you are serving young children (especially under 1yr) do not add any salt before baking. You can add salt afterwards for the adult servings.
Nutrition Info (per serving)
I am not a nutritionist. The nutrition information has been calculated using an on-line calculator, and is intended for information and guidance purposes only. If the nutrition information is important to you, you should consider calculating it yourself, using your preferred tool.